Westar Energy is seeking 1,000 customers to participate in a Time of Use Rate pilot project.
About the Pilot Project
- The Time-of-Use (TOU) pilot program is a three year pilot, restricted to the first 1,000 customers.
- The TOU pilot program is a voluntary program that encourages customers to shift their electric usage to off-peak periods when electric demand is lower.
Who is the program for?
- Households that can shift discretionary energy use to consume less electricity during the peak hours of 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM during the summer and the peak hours of 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM during the winter.
Time-of-Use Rate Pricing
|Winter Period - Energy used in the billing months of October through May |
|On-Peak||Weekdays 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM||7.9816₵ kWh|
|Off-Peak||Weekends, Holidays, All Other Hours||4.9358₵ kWh|
|Summer Period - Energy used in the billing months of June through September|
|On-Peak||Weekdays 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM||13.5387₵ kWh|
|Intermediate Peak||Weekdays 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM||9.0277₵ kWh|
|Off-Peak||Weekends, Holidays, All Other Hours||5.5635₵ kWh|
|Plus all applicable adjustments and surcharges|
Time-of-Use Rate Tariff
Standard Residential Rates
How the Program Works
- Westar will install a special meter and metering equipment to accommodate TOU Pricing.
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- An agreement is signed for a term of one year. After one year, 30 days written notice must be given to withdraw from the pilot.
- To sign up for the program, contact Westar Energy at 1-855-782-7663.
Requirements for Participation
Time-of-Use Rate Frequently Asked Questions