Customer Products and Services - High-Efficiency Heat Pump Systems
Get comfortable with energy savings with a high-efficiency heat pump system. There are several varieties of heat pumps to choose from depending on your needs and preferences. Contact your heating and cooling dealer for example cost savings.
Find a participating local heat pump dealer
Electric or Full Heat Pump System
- Serves all heating and cooling needs year round.
- In the summer, the heat pump cools like a high-efficiency air conditioner.
- During moderate winter temperatures, the heat pump is your primary heating source.
- During the few days per year when the temperature drops below 25-30 degrees, electric heating strips work alongside your heat pump to comfortably warm your house.
Hybrid Heat Pump System (sometimes referred to as "add-on" or "dual fuel")
- Replaces your air conditioner for summer cooling.
- During cold weather, the hybrid heat pump automatically works with your existing furnace to warm your home.
- For moderate winter temperatures, the hybrid heat pump does most of the heating.
Geothermal Heat Pump System
- Most efficient way to heat and cool your home.
- Serves all your heating, cooling and hot water needs.
- 30% refundable tax credit available.
- Lowest life-cycle cost and longest life on the market.
How a heat pump saves you money
- A heat pump lessens or eliminates the need for high-cost natural gas or propane for heating.
- Benefit from Westar's lower rates throughout the winter. From October to May, we have a declining rate structure, making it more economical to use electricity to heat your home.