Customer Products and Services - Home Energy Savings Workshop
Whether your home's style is cottage, colonial or contemporary, there are easy, cost-effective steps you can take to improve comfort and conserve energy, and Westar Energy would like to help you learn how.
Our Free Home Energy Savings Workshop will equip you with information to assess your home's energy efficiency and make changes (even simple, inexpensive ones) that can help you use energy more wisely.
At this three-hour workshop, you'll learn about:
- Heating and cooling equipment
- Air sealing (insulation, windows and doors)
- Water heating
Westar will demonstrate the basics of weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors, keeping your air conditioner in good working order and choosing the best type of insulation.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to purchase a weatherization kit for $20.
- Classes are limited to 75 participants.
- Everyone who registers will be entered into a drawing for two $100 gift certificates to a local home improvement store. Must be present to win.
|April 16||Wichita||Wichita Area Builders Association||730 N. Main ||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|April 25||Manhattan||Manhattan Public Library||692 Poyntz Ave.||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|April 30||Independence||Independence Civic Center||410 N. Penn ||5:30 PM - 8:30 PM|
|October 9||Marysville||Marysville Community Building||209 N. 8th||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|October 16||Topeka||Topeka Public Library||1515 SW 10th Ave. ||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|October 22||Pittsburg||Memorial Auditorium||503 N. Pine||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
For more information: Call Tammie Rhea at 316.261-6535.